CLAT stands for COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST.The score of CLAT is taken
National Law Universities ( NLU). There are 23 NLU’S in India which take CLAT
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), is an all India common entrance
examination, conducted on rotational basis by 23 National Law Universities
(NLUs) for admissions to their UG and PG degree programmes.
a) Max marks : 150
b) Duration of exam : 2 hours
c) MCQ of 150 questions of one mark each
Subject & Estimated Marks
- English 29 marks
- Maths 17 marks
- G.K 35 marks
- Reasoning 29 marks
- Legal studies 35 marks
Total 150 marks
Negative marking: 0.25 for each wrong answer.
1. There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2023.
2. As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination
(i.e., 10+2), the candidates must have secured:
(i) Forty five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
(ii) Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
3. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2023 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2023 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
4. The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
5. In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i. Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the
ii. Higher age;
iii. Computerised draw of lots.
” It was an awesome experience with AIBE institute. i am connected with the institute from somewhat 3 years, i started with public speaking courses then seeing the value dilpreet maam is providing i also enrolled myself in their clat course and with all due efforts of the faculty i received call from NLU, SYMBI and also got admission form from symbi hyrdabad, and other significant universities. I would definitely recommend this institute to every one, the faculty is very efficient and provides best value. ” – om Fartale
” I had a very enriching experience at AIBE . I took clat classes and got qualified for NLU, JGLS and Symbiosis . The faculty was extremely competent and guided us at every step whenever we needed them.Along with clat we were helped in other law entrance preparation. The classes at AIBE was never monotonous. My teachers gave me a holistic guidance and brought the best out of me.I am greatful for Dilpreet ma’am for supporting me in my endeavor.” – aishani chowdhury